INTEGRITY SECURITY SERVICES, LLC
Effective date: May 24, 2018
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including from you directly (e.g. when you contact us, complete a form, sign up for an account, complete a transaction with us, or otherwise provide us with your information), information we generate about you in the course of our relationship with you (e.g. data collected from cookies and other similar technologies which are described in our cookies policy at https://ghsiss.com/policy and information we collect about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as public databases (where permitted by law).
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these obligations.
Information we collect directly from you
The categories of information that we may collect directly from you include the following:
- personal details (e.g. name, job title, company);
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, fax number, postal address, mobile number);
- account details (e.g. username, password);
- transaction details (e.g. when you make purchases or respond to offers);
- product or service details (e.g. information about products or services you have purchased from us and how you use them and/or expressed an interest in by downloading datasheets or visiting our web pages);
- communications (e.g. when you participate in message boards or forums, participate in polls or surveys, write a review or contact us with a question, comment or request); and
- licensing details (e.g. name, address and email address of named licensed users of our products).
Information we collect about your use of the Services
The following are examples of the other categories of information which we may use about you:
- Technical information collected from your computer or mobile device (e.g. your IP address, browser type, operating system);
- Information about your usage of our Websites (e.g. your login history, the pages you visit when using the Services, the files you download, the search terms you enter on the Services, how often you use the Services, and the pages you access before and after accessing the Services); and
- Information which we generate as a result of your use of the Services (e.g. our understanding of your interests as a result of your use of the Services and whether you are a regular or occasional user of the Services).
Information we collect from other sources
We may also collect information about you from third-parties (e.g., business partners, conference organizers, publicly available websites or databases). The following are examples of the categories of information we may collect from other sources.
- (a) personal details (e.g. name, job title, company);
- (b) contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, fax number, postal address, mobile number); and
- (c) details about advertising preferences (e.g. products purchased, interaction with advertisements online).
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE BASIS ON WHICH WE USE IT
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identification information to verify your identity when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal information. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Operating the Services: We process your personal information to provide the products and Services you have requested. This includes providing licenses and customer and technical support for our products and Services. This is so we can comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Improving our Services: We analyze information about how you use our Services to provide an improved experience for our customers of all our Services, including product testing and site analytics. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our Services and improve them.
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, for example if we are providing information about changes to the terms and conditions or if you contact us with questions. It is in our legitimate interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notices about our Services.
- Marketing: we may use your personal information to build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. It is in our legitimate interest to provide more relevant and interesting advertising messages. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- Exercising our rights: we may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our software license or service agreement.
- Complying with our obligations: we may process your personal information to, for example, carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law.
- Customizing your experience: when you use the Services, we may use your personal information to improve your experience of the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests.
We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re- identified by us or any other company, and may use this anonymized information for any other purpose.
3. HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners: we may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us for the purposes set forth above. For example, we may partner with companies to sell, distribute and support products, process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, serve online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and marketing messages, support email and messaging services, and analyze information. These service providers and business partners may include advertising agencies and fraud prevention agencies which will use your personal information only in the ways described in this policy.
- Group companies: ISS works closely with other businesses, its parent company GHS, and its affiliates. We may share portions of your personal information (e.g. your buying and browsing history on the Services and your personal and contact information) with other GHS companies for marketing purposes, security, optimization of products and services, and internal reporting. We do this for the purposes set out above.
- Where required by law: we may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
4. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, subject to local law. These may include the rights to access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of, or receive a portable copy in a usable electronic format of your personal information. You also may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or privacy regulator.
We encourage you to contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. Where you have provided your consent to any use of your personal information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise any rights you may have under law, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
We implement security measures designed to safeguard the personal information we process through the Services. These measures are aimed at providing on-going integrity and confidentiality for your personal information. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as providing the same level of protection for personal information as the laws of your home country, and may be available to the government of those countries under a lawful order made in those countries.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to provide adequate protections for your personal information. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place and to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us at the contact information set forth below.
ISS is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process. We are represented in the European Union by its affiliate Green Hills, AB.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
7. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Effective date: May 24, 2018
What are cookies?
There are different types of cookies, for example:
- Cookies served directly by INTEGRITY Security Services and its parent company Green Hills Software and its affiliates (“INTEGRITY Security Services”, “ISS”, “Green Hills”, “GHS”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) (‘first party cookies’), and cookies served on our behalf, for example by marketing automation and data analytics companies (‘third party cookies’); and
- Cookies which endure for different periods of time, including those that only last only as long as your browser is open (referred to as ‘session cookies’ or ‘temporary cookies’). These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they recognize your device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Which cookies do we use and why do we use them?
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that the Online Services use and why we use them.
|Type of cookie||Source||What these cookies do||How to exercise your cookie choices|
|Essential website cookies||ISS Technical Support||Associate your web browser session with your support.ghsiss.com login, allowing access to exclusive technical content and authorized product downloads.||You can control and delete these cookies through your browser settings after each login session. If you choose to do so, you will have to re-enter your login and password to access the support.ghs.com resources associated with your account.|
|Functionality cookies||ISS||This cookie retains the contact details you provide on our contact and document download requests solely to remove the need to re-type this information for every request.||You can control and delete these cookies through your browser settings. If you choose to do so, you will need to re-input your contact details for every request.|
|Analytics cookies||Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to collect information on how the Online Services are used and to report on the Online Services usage statistics.||
More information, including details on how to opt-out, is available here:
|Analytics cookies||CommuniGator||We use CommuniGator to recognize you and see how you navigate the Online Services. This helps us improve the way our website works.||
You can control and delete these cookies through your browser settings. More information is available here:
|Marketing cookies||CommuniGator||We use CommuniGator to recognize you when you return to the Online Services. This enables us to personalize our content for you. These cookies also record your visit to the Online Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Online Services, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interests.||
More information is available here:
You can find information about marketing and advertising cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them here (for users in the EU) and here (for users in the U.S.).
Analytics / log files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, or to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to provide more relevant content. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How can you exercise your cookies choices?
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Online Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality the Online Services.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out:
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menus. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have tried to indicate where this is possible in the table above.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Changes to the Policy: