INTEGRITY Making Computing Secure™
"I still do not get the sense that we are addressing cybersecurity with the seriousness that it deserves. I think we could search far and wide and not find a more disorganized, ineffective response to an issue of national security of this import." Congressman James Langevin, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity and Science and Technology
The front line on the war on cyber terrorism and crime is comprised of Government and Defense agency CIOs and CTOs. These IT professionals are challenged in many ways:
- Well funded, serious cyber terrorists and criminals with motive, means, and capability
- Lack of truly secure software and hardware solutions with which to harden the Nation's IT infrastructure
- Lack of sufficient funding for cyber security projects
- Lack of standards and requirements that spell out a clear methodology for securing critical data and applications
In an effort to address these challenges, National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23 were issued in January 2008. They formalized a series of continuous efforts designed to further safeguard Federal Government systems and reduce potential vulnerabilities, protect against intrusion attempts, and better anticipate future threats.
The INTEGRITY operating system directly supports the successful implementation of National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23:
- U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) By keeping critical data and applications secure, INTEGRITY will make the 24x7 watch and warning center's job simpler and easier.
- EINSTEIN Program INTEGRITY enables a more comprehensive network defense by ensuring data and application security. While EINSTEIN identifies unusual network traffic patterns, INTEGRITY ensures that should an attack breach a firewall or other defense system, data remains secure. Should an attack reach a computer protected by INTEGRITY, the intrusion will be contained and defeated.
- Office of Management and Budget's (OMB) "Trusted Internet Connections Initiative" INTEGRITY offers Secure Network Consolidation enabling unclassified, classified, and highly classified data to be managed on one machine and one network. This infrastructure consolidation provides certified security as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of cost savings.
- National Cybersecurity Center INTEGRITY enables the secure virtual connection of all government agencies and departments in an effort to collaborate and cooperate in the war against cyber terrorism and crime
- National Cyber Investigative Joint Task Force (NCIJTF) INTEGRITY makes it impossible for a cyber attack to propagate and spread. The NCIJTF will be able to immediately identify the specific computer being attacked and begin their investigation without concern for containment.
- Strengthen the Supply Chain Defense INTEGRITY can be used in all manner of technologies, making it possible for all IT and Communications products to be secure. INTEGRITY is already being used on PCs, servers, Mobile Internet Devices, printers, US Military field radios, and several aircraft including the B1B Bomber and F-35 and has been for over 10 years
- National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) INTEGRITY supports the effort to coordinate and share information between the Federal Government and private sector to reduce cyber risk, disseminate threat information, share best practices and apply appropriate protective actions, as it provides military-grade security; and enables the establishment of government or enterprise-wide and system-level protocols
INTEGRITY has achieved EAL 6+ with High Robustness status. It is certified truly secure and reliable for both military and non-military use. INTEGRITY offers:
- True security
- Open communication is possible without risk to critical assets
- Mission critical assets and applications remain completely safe and secure
- Cost savings
- Simultaneous support of legacy and mission critical applications
- Form flexibility
- Protect desktop PCs, servers, Thin-Client Workstations and even PDAs
- Open Standards
- Supports Windows and Linux
- Ability to create native POSIX applications
- Certified security and reliability no other operating system can offer this level of security and reliability and no other operating system has ever been certified to the levels of INTEGRITY
How INTEGRITY Works
The INTEGRITY Operating System is designed to be used with multiple operating environments, legacy systems, and peripheral devices. INTEGRITY has been mathematically proven to keep information domains separate.
A typical Hypervisor implementation provides some security through virtualization. The "attack surface" that connects the hypervisor to the virtual machine is large and complex. Continuous changes in device drivers make securing this type of architecture a moving target, resulting in an ongoing pierce and patch scenario.
The INTEGRITY Global Security approach avoids all of these problems by using proven separation between virtual machines and by ensuring that the virtualization software itself runs as an application, unable to circumvent the security policies of the operating system. By taking advantage of the latest hardware features, INTEGRITY improves overall system security. For example, INTEGRITY uses Intel® vPro™ technology to provide hardware-based assurance that the platform is running the known, trusted versions of system software, including the INTEGRITY certified kernel. This prevents attacks like Blue Pill.
INTEGRITY security policies enable breakthroughs for many of the world's long unresolved security problems, including the ability to safely browse the Internet and use email, trust the launch and execution of antivirus software, protect sensitive personal and medical records from compromise, and guarantee the authenticity and integrity of cash withdrawals, wire transfers, point of sale transactions, and other high value financial enterprises.
To learn more about how INTEGRITY can secure your government or defense agency, please call 805.882.2500 or email email@example.com